The man who helped Italy win the 2006 FIFA World Cup, scoring in the quarter finals and making a goal line clearance earning him a spot in the 2006 World Cup All-Star team, Prime Icon Gianluca Zambrotta SBC is available in FIFA Ultimate Team now!
His star studded career involved spells at Juventus, FC Barcelona and AC Milan. The fullback was prolific at his job and had an eye for both attacking and defending at club and international level.
The SBC comes in at a price of 511.4K coins which isn’t cheap but the lack of elite options at Right-Back outside of TOTY Hakimi and versions of Cafu make this card very enticing.
He has many FIFA 23 meta characteristics such as:
- Average body type and can be Lengthy AcceleRATE type with an Anchor chemistry style
- 4-Star Skills / 5-Star Weak Foot combination making him playable on either side of the defensive flank
- 90 Pace ensuring he can get up and down the pitch quickly
- 88 Reactions, 87 Composure along with 88 Interceptions and 86 Defensive Awareness make his defensive AI and performance top tier
- 83 Strength and 88 Aggression make him strong enough to bully lightweight wingers off the ball
- 89 Crossing with 84 Curve make his deliveries into the box top tier
- 82 Positioning, 83 Shot Power and 81 Long Shots give him decent shooting ability inside and outside the box
- 91 Standing Tackle and 90 Sliding Tackle make his manual recovery of the ball almost perfect
He can play as the perfect fullback, left or right side of the pitch. He can stay back and defend as well as attack. He is a very versatile card. His ideal position would be a Balanced RB(LB) or CDM in a 2-man midfield.
His versatility is almost unmatched and his player profile is truly unique. His performance at RB would be similar to World Cup PTG Kyle Walker.
On the other hand, he does have a few drawbacks like:
- 77 Agility and Balance make it hard for him to be quick at turning with or without the ball
- 63 Finishing make his inside the box shooting ability inconsistent
- 80 heading accuracy and 80 Jumping combined with his 5’11 height make him poor in the air
- Even though Icons get full chemistry for themselves, they make it harder to link other cards unlike their Hero counterparts
What Chemistry Style to use for Prime Icon Gianluca Zambrotta?
The suggested Chemistry Style for Prime Icon Zambrotta would be: ANCHOR. The +8 Strength boost makes him Lengthy. The +4 Pace boost with the +4 Interceptions, Heading Accuracy, Defensive Awareness while also giving +8 to the Standing/Sliding tackles make him a phenomenal RB.
Prime Icon SBC Gianluca Zambrotta: Complete or Yeet?
His elite stats and meta characteristics, the lack of good alternative options and the SBC price being at par with his market price make this SBC worth it. My verdict: COMPLETE!
Get more FUT reviews and insights from Nofil. What do you make of this SBC? Let us know below!