He’s one of the first superstars of English football, coming through the academy at Manchester United and subsequently winning the Treble with them, leading England to the World Cup and THAT freekick against Greece, he’s been through it all.
The SBC is incredibly expensive, coming in at a price of 720.2K coins and needs 10 segments to unlock the card.
He has some amazing stats and characteristics such as:
- 88 Positioning, 86 Shot Power, 94 Long Shots with the Finesse Shot and Chip Shot PlayStyles make him lethal outside of the box
- One of the best distributors of the ball having 92 Vision, 95 Crossing, 90 Short Passing, 93 Long Passing and 93 Curve with the Long Ball Pass, Whipped Pass and Incisive Pass PlayStyles
- Almost a guaranteed goal if you get a Freekick with his 94 Freekick Accuracy and the Dead Ball PlayStyles+
- He’s good on the ball with 90 Reactions, 88 Ball Control, 84 Dribbling and 91 Composure
- 90 Stamina with the Relentless PlayStyles means he won’t need to be substituted for 90+ minutes
- High/High workrates make him perfect for a wide midfielder or a box-to-box midfielder
His ideal position on the pitch would be as a RM in a 4-4-2 setup. His workrates will allow him to help out in defence while his passing from out wide will get him a lot of assists.
He has a similar player profile to that of UCL RTTK Bruno Fernandes. They don’t have blistering pace but the ability to get into wide spaces and play those inch perfect passes makes them so valuable to a team's attacking build up.
The card does have some drawbacks such as:
- 80 Pace is just not good enough for a wide player
- 3-Star Skill Moves and Weak Foot is very poor
- At 6’0 with 76 Agility and 81 Balance he’ll be clunky and heavy while turning
- 75 Strength and 78 Aggression will make him poor against physical challenges
What Chemistry Style to use for Base Icon David Becham?
The suggested Chemistry Style for Base Icon David Beckham is: HUNTER. The +8 boost in Acceleration is almost necessary to make him a competitive player within the game. Boosting his Finishing also unlocks inside the box finishes for him.
Base Icon David Beckham: Complete or Yeet?
If your formation allows for a luxury playmaker, you’ll struggle to find any better than him for this price range. My issue with him is that he’s so much more expensive than his tradable card, the only saving grace is that you have 60 days to complete him. If you’re patient enough to grind the card then it will be worth it. My verdict: Complete if you can craft him over time.
Check out all the latest releases on FUT.GG's new players page.
Get more FUT reviews and insights from Nofil. Are you going to complete this SBC? Let us know below!