The SBC comes in at a steep price of 169.2K coins and is fairly simple to unlock only needing 2 squads.
- 92 Acceleration and 86 Sprint Speed with his Controlled AcceleRATE type makes for a fast paced card in game
- He has elite shooting stats with 89 Positioning, 90 Shot Power, 90 Long Shots and 93 Curve with the Outside Foot Shot trait which is perfect for accurate outside the box shooting opportunities
- 87 Vision, 94 Free-kick Accuracy with his high Curve stats make him perfect for delivering balls from Set Pieces
- Top tier Dribbling stats with 93 Agility, 92 Balance, 93 Ball Control, 96 Dribbling and 90 Composure with the Flair Trait make him wonderful for moving the ball through the opponent’s defenders
- He has the 5-Star Skill Moves and 4-Star Weak Foot combination which unlocks every possible dribbling option for him with his high end dribbling stats
The ideal position for this card in game would be a central CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2(2) or a 4-2-3-1. His stats allow him to work best in those playmaking number 10 roles carrying the ball to the edge of the box and looking for a shot or laying it off for a forward.
He has a very similar player profile to WC Hero Jay-Jay Okocha. One significant difference between them is that Iwobi’s height stands at 6’1 while Okocha’s height is 5’8. This is important because Okocha’s height allows him to be the Explosive AcceleRATE type in game while Iwobi cannot. The height also causes a difference in their body types with Iwobi having the High and Average body type while Okocha has an Average body type. So, despite identical stats, Iwobi will feel slower and clunkier than Okocha.
Iwobi has a few drawbacks such as:
- 64 Strength and 54 Aggression allow strong defenders to physically push him off the ball
- 56 Jumping and 63 Heading Accuracy means he won’t be a good option for aerial balls
- 74 Stamina means he will have to be subbed off at 60 minutes
- His High and Average body type makes him a little clunky despite his high stats
- Medium/Low workrates are difficult to work with in attacking midfielders
What Chemistry Style to use for FUT Birthday Alex Iwobi?
The suggested Chemistry Style for FUT Birthday Alex Iwobi is: ENGINE. The +4 Pace and +5 Passing boosts make him better as a ball distributor but the most significant stat boost is the +7 Balance and +3 Dribbling bringing both those stats to 99 making him the best version of himself.
FUT Birthday Alex Iwobi: Complete or Yeet?
The card is very good and definitely worth the coins given the price of his alternative is 700K more expensive right now. His stamina is concerningly low so if you can just sub him off mid game then this SBC is worth it. My verdict: Complete!
Check out all the latest releases on FUT.GG's new players page.
Get more FUT reviews and insights from Nofil. Are you going to complete this SBC? Let us know below!